Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Here We Go

Well it's done. No turning back now, right? I mean, you can't just put down money to hold a lot, and then actually go and order a house to be built (putting MORE money down on that) and then change your mind, can you? No, I suppose not. Not that I want to change my mind. Still, sometimes I have to remind myself that it's not even an option anymore. Not without losing a lot of money and sleep over it. (Both of which I happen to hold quite dear, and would really hate to lose).

What's that you say? We're building a house? Oh yeah... hadn't I mentioned that? Maybe not. Well, since you asked... yes, Rick and I decided that we've put our due time in. We've rented for our entire lives together (7 years!) and it's (FINALLY) time to get into our own home. After over a year of watching the market and looking at both existing homes and builders galore, we decided to build. So, for those of you who live/know the area and want the details, here ya go:

We're building with Olin Homes. We looked at almost all the builders and decided that they would give us the most house for our dollar. Our floor plan is a two-story and has 1947 Sq.Ft. They are located back behind the Trac, pretty close to where they are building the new chapel. (We're thinking it's 1st Ward, but don't quote me on that). They guaranteed closing no later than June 30th, so we're pretty stoked.

Excuse me while I go hyperventilate for a minute... something about blogging about it makes it very... REAL. Alright well... you can all consider yourself warned. If every post between now and then is oozing with boring house details, you can't say I didn't try to warn you.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats! Isn't weird how something so exciting, can make your heart race, and then make you want to puke from the nerves of the decision itself all at the same time! Stay strong, cause remember if all else fails, you can just live with Shayla right? If your posts all start to become about your house building, just remember the best way to reward your faithful readers is with a tour of the finished product. Seriously, congratulations!

Shayla said...

Yay for a new house! Not so yay for moving out of the ward! I shouldn't complain, though, huh? You'll still be less than five minutes away. I knew it was too good to be true when they gave us callings together... :)

Jessie said...

Soo happy for you Jenny! Enjoy the process. They told us when we built the house on Paradise Dr. it could break a marriage it was so stressful. But it didn't. And it'll be all yours when it's done! Well, except for the bank's portion.:) And when your kids are all grown and left the nest you can move into a 600 sq. ft. apartment in Jamaica and serve a mission. Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing pictures along the way as the process continues. Love you and miss you. Mom

Tyler Family said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! I can't wait to come visit!

Josiah & Bridgette Ridley said...

How exciting! Congrats, it feels so great to own instead of rent! I wish you luck in the adventure of building your own home. Don't stress too much, have fun!! ;o)